The big idea is to design an open source family house that:
- will be an optimally safe and healthy place to live in;
- will be easy to build (in 30 days) and require low maintenance;
- will use heat and gas circulation as well as secondary use of energy and water;
- can include in its design an aquaponic garden that not only allows the family to grow their own food, but also balances the dome’s temperature, cleans the air and water;
- will be high quality (have a life cycle of no less than 100 years) but will also be inexpensive (cost minimum 25% of a standard house costs);
- can be easily and at low cost modified to suit a larger family or incorporate a shop, gallery or office space;
- will work in harmony and symbiosis with the surrounding community and environment.